It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change from zip installation to Installation Manager

Peter Atthem (31106) | asked Dec 05 '09, 4:33 a.m.
Hi,

I have a done a installation of RTC 2.0.0 using the zip file (uncompressed). I have made a MS SQL server setup and added some users using default Apache server.

Now I want to install RTC2.0.0.1 using the Installation Manager (IM) instead, whaqt files can I reuse and how to preserve my settings? or do I need to start all over again?

Thanks
Peter

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 07 '09, 10:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I'd suggest to refer to the upgrade information provided https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/2.0.0.1?p=upgrading.

In general, independent of which installation you chose there are configuration files e.g. server/conf/jazz/teamserver.properties and others that you can reuse (I'd also suggest to have them in your backup plan). The Installation manager typically backs those files up. Most if not all of the content of these files can be reused. More details are typically in the upgrade desctiption.

Same with setting such as tomcat/conf e.g. server.xml, keystore, tomcat users in case not running on LDAP. These files should also be in your backup strategy btw.

Ralph

Hi,

I have a done a installation of RTC 2.0.0 using the zip file (uncompressed). I have made a MS SQL server setup and added some users using default Apache server.

Now I want to install RTC2.0.0.1 using the Installation Manager (IM) instead, whaqt files can I reuse and how to preserve my settings? or do I need to start all over again?

Thanks
Peter

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.