It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Import User Registry in a distributed environment

Karen Steele (1.2k1134139) | asked Apr 05 '22, 12:54 p.m.
we have a 6061 distributed environmnet using Jazz Authentication serve and a httpserver.

we have a download of the user accounts that were from a different system, and as there are close to 1,000 users, we did not want to rekey, but merely import them to the new system.

I'm don't appear to be able to run the repotools command from the HTTPServer to do the import to the JTS server it fails with an unable to instantiate the import users command.

I cannot run it directly from the JTS server either as the authentication servers cannot be reached directly from JTS server only at the HTTServer - so how can I import the users in this situation.

One answer

permanent link
Kenny Smith (302513) | answered Apr 05 '22, 9:26 p.m.

First question: Are you using the embedded user registry instead of an LDAP registry?

Second: if using an embedded registry, you can update the basicUserRegistry.xml file that is under the liberty server configuration. That file can be copied to each of the distributed servers. 
Thirdly, if your Jazz environment is setup with LDAP, then you can import them from the Web interface. 

Lastly, no you cannot run repotools on a HTTP server. You have to run it from the Jazz server. This is under /opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/repotools-jts.sh (for linux). 

Comments
Karen Steele commented Apr 06 '22, 6:07 a.m.
embedded user registry - however we have a Jazz Authentication server also in play - when running the repotools command from the jts server - it complains about the oAuth to the JAS server and cannot connect  to be able to do the import.

The JAS server is not on the same server as JTS

Kenny Smith commented Apr 06 '22, 7:44 a.m.

For embedded registry, just copy the basicUserRegistry to the other servers. 

Why use JAS if you don't have LDAP setup?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.