It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JRS - Artifact showing 2 different creation dates

laurent Chatel (132) | asked Aug 27 '20, 1:34 a.m.
edited Aug 27 '20, 5:45 a.m.
Tool:
IBM Jazz Reporting Service
Version: 6.0.6.1
Build ID: JRS_6.0.6.1-I20200219-230

Report:
Data source: Lifecycle Query Engine scoped by configurations
Type: Current Data (table or graph)
Trace relationships and add artifacts: I want to check all my L2 Requirements and if they are used in a collection (or not).

Result
The report delivers me 2 results for a specific requirement.
| Req. Id | Req. Collection Id |  Creation Date | Last Update Date |
|    1021 |                    | 07/08/19 10:47 | 26/08/20 10:56   |
|    1021 |                 25 | 26/08/20 10:56 | 26/08/20 10:56   |

Questions
- The RM GUI for the requirement id 1021 tells me that it was created on the 07/08/19 10:47. Why is a second creation date listed?
- The first line means that the requirement is not used by a collection, which contradicts the second line (since this requirement is actually used in a collection).

Accepted answer

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (904613) | answered Aug 27 '20, 7:35 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello  Laurent,

In regards to duplicate artifacts, a report will show all instances of the artifacts. So you will see a row for the "base" artifact and if this artifact is used in a collection, you will see additional row, one for each collection.  

If you do not want to see "base" artifact, you can just add condition to display artifacts as part of collection.

laurent Chatel selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
laurent Chatel commented Sep 03 '20, 5:09 a.m.
Hello Fariz,

thanks for your answer.
Do you have an explanation, why the creation date is different for the artifact used in the collection line? Is it showing the "link date" as creation date?

Fariz Saracevic commented Sep 03 '20, 8:08 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, first date when "base" artifact was created and second is when you added it to the collection which is related to the collectionID.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.