It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Control conditional formatting in an Excel worksheet's cell from Publishing (RPE)

Bob 3 (1481564) | asked Mar 14 '22, 4:47 p.m.

Is it possible to control conditional formatting in an Excel worksheet's cell from Publishing?

Using version 7.0.2.

My goal is to apply conditional formatting that fills the cell with color (from the left) according to the % value in the cell. For a value of 100%, the cell would be completely filled from the left, whereas for a value of 50%, the cell would be halfway filled from the left. This functionality is available in the native Excel UI, but does not seem to be controllable from Publishing.

Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Mar 15 '22, 4:51 a.m.

Though conditional formatting is supported in RPE, data bars (specific to Excel, which you are looking for) cannot be created through RPE. You can open the generated Excel output and manually select the column and choose Conditional Formatting->Data Bars->Solid Fill/Gradient Fill. If you are using RPE/PUB 7.0.3, you can achieve the same using a post processing Excel macro.

Bob 3 selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (904613) | answered Mar 14 '22, 5:49 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Bob,

This would be possible with PUB MS Excel support coming in 7.0.3. For now, you can try is using PUB 7.0.3 M6 milestone https://jazz.net/downloads/elo-publishing/milestones/7.0.3M6?p=news.

Regards,

Comments
Bob 3 commented Mar 16 '22, 6:15 p.m.

Thank you for your continued advancement of the Publishing product, Fariz. And thank you for letting me know about milestone 6 where I can test these features! 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.