It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem with richtext in rpe excel output

David BOURDON (19111) | asked Jun 26 '20, 3:53 a.m.
Hi,
I'm trying to export the primary text of requirements in a table (each primary text is exported in a cell of the table), using excel output, but when i look at the generated excel file, each primary text is broken on multiple cells and lines of the table, breaking the structure of the table (adding columns and lines).

The only way i found to conserve the structure of the table is to put the primary text in a variable of the dta and to export this variable in the cell of my table. In this case of course all richtext and images is lost, and i even loose carriage returns in the text of the requirement.

Is there a better way to export richtext element as primary text of a requirement in a table for an excel output ?

Thanks.
David

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Jun 26 '20, 4:46 a.m.
Hi David,
Currently the rich text is spread across multiple cells in Excel output. We have Enhancement 60944 to address this - user should be able to configure Excel output so that data is contained in single cell.
David BOURDON selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
David BOURDON commented Jun 26 '20, 5:31 a.m.

Ok. Thank you for this answer. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.