It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Clone Module in DNG - Link

Chidambaram L (23414287) | asked Feb 20 '22, 12:07 p.m.
edited Feb 21 '22, 12:16 a.m.
I am using DNG 702. LDX installed & a job is configured for DNG Artifacts.

DNG Project A has 2 components A & B; both components use the same Type System. Link Validity enabled.

Component A has Baseline A1.
GC Configuration has Component A Baseline A1 & Component B Initial Stream.
I have cloned a module from Component A - baseline 1 to Component B. Will a link be created from Source Requirement to Target requirement. If so, how to I see the link.

Following is my view in the Target module; Config Context is the GC Config.

Target Module View

I have edited a Requirement in the cloned (target) module of Component B. How do I see a Link Validity, showing a change in requirement.

One answer

permanent link
Ian Barnard (2.0k613) | answered Feb 21 '22, 3:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 21 '22, 3:31 a.m.

Hi Chid

LDX installed & a job is configured for DNG Artifacts.

LDX is irrelevant to your question as this is entirely within a single DNG app and project.

UNLESS you have multiple RM on different JTS you do not ever need a DNG data source in LDX - it's a waste of resources.

Will a link be created from Source Requirement to Target requirement

By "source" do you mean the source of the clone, and by target do you means the destination of the clone?

• When you clone an RM artifact, a new version is added to the stream that you work in, and that artifact now exists in two different configurations.
So your 'target' is a different version of the same artifact as the "source" and you can't create a link to/from a single artifact. The cloning process therefore can't create such a link and you can't create one manually.

As the documentation also says: "You cannot add [both] those configurations to the same global configuration."

Coming back to your question: [by cloning] Will a link be created from Source Requirement to Target requirement?

No it won't.

The purpose of cloning is: "Reorganize how artifacts are grouped in your project area by cloning them from one component into another. When you clone an artifact, a new version is added to the stream of the component that you work in."

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.