It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC2 - SQL Server Support Question

Derek Moyle (154) | asked Dec 01 '09, 2:12 p.m.
Are there any plans for RRC2 to support MS SQL Server?
If so, are there any approximate timeframes for the support?

6 answers

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Dec 01 '09, 6:02 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We are actively testing with SQL Server now so I can't be very specific as to when something might be announced until that has been completed and we've evaluated the results. Nonetheless, this is a current priority item so stay tuned.

permanent link
Paul Verrone (1361127) | answered Dec 02 '09, 8:44 a.m.
I noticed that there was no support for SQL server listed in the documents as well. However, when I did the custom setup for RRC 2.0, SQL Server was in the dropdown list and I was able to configure and create the necessary tables for SQL Server for RRC 2.0.

Is it just that this has not been fully tested as of yet?

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Dec 02 '09, 12:48 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
RTC & RQM support MS SQL now, and the Jazz Team Server is common (including much of the installation machinery). We are doing RRC-specific testing so that you and others will be able to deploy RRC in this configuration with confidence.

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k10288273) | answered Dec 02 '09, 1:41 p.m.
RTC & RQM support MS SQL now, and the Jazz Team Server is common (including much of the installation machinery). We are doing RRC-specific testing so that you and others will be able to deploy RRC in this configuration with confidence.

Yeah, we had to skip purchasing RRC this year b/c of no MS SQL server support. We are going with just RTC/RQM.......Enhancement 16174

Maybe next year, if they don't drag us to DOORS first...

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Dec 05 '09, 12:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yeah, we had to skip purchasing RRC this year b/c of no MS SQL server support. We are going with just RTC/RQM.......Enhancement 16174

Though RRC does not yet officially support SQL Server, is there any possibility for you to use the out of the box Derby database or one of the DB2 9.5 or 9.2.1 free editions until SQL is supported?

I ask because today only RRC has integrations with both RTC and RQM, as part of the C/ALM solution https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/CalmIntegration The latest version of DOORS does have integrations with RRC and RQM and is an excellent Requirements Management solution but it does not yet have a direct integration with RTC.

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Dec 10 '09, 6:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

We now support in V2

* SQL Server 2005, 32 & 64-bit
* SQL Server 2008, 32 & 64-bit

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.