It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE 700 DOORS Module Strange Behaviour Skipping Artifacts

Sean F (1.3k249160) | asked May 24 '21, 12:37 p.m.
edited May 24 '21, 12:39 p.m.

I am having very strange problems with RPE 700 publishing large modules.

The general issue is that a about 10% of the artifacts (maybe 60 out of 600 - a mixture of text and headings) randomly get skipped as if they do not exist. The skipped objects then appear at the end of the document. As if the module had been published a second time sequentially and all the missed artifacts are picked up the 2nd time round.

If I repeat the publishing run then I get the identical output each  time with identical errors.

If I copy the module (duplicating all artifacts) and publish the copy then the error switches to different, seemingly random, artifacts. So in Copy2 a different 60 or so artifacts will get skipped and get published at the end in a second pass.

If I delete the 2nd half of the module so it is only half the size then the artifacts that were getting skipped in the first half (and shifted to the end) no longer get skipped but are now picked up and published in the correct position.

I tried upgrading to 702 and that did not address the problem but it did introduce a new problem:-

The template is very simple. Just publishes headings and text and applies heading styles to headings.

If I publish the module using the built in publish option:- Generate Report for Artifact>Print Module Book

...then the contents are published in the correct order. But I need to use a custom template to get the correctly styled output.

Comments
Fariz Saracevic commented May 26 '21, 5:20 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Sean,

I suggest to contact IBM support for this problem.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.