It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Output processing error "CRRPE3096E" in RPE for excel output with 'Data in single cell' property set to true

Bo Xu (152) | asked May 17 '23, 4:58 p.m.

Hi, 

I am attempting to generate an Excel format export from DNG using RPE. My goal is to display each richtextBody content in a single cell, so I have set the 'Data in single cell' property to true in the Document Specification of the Microsoft Excel output. However, I encountered an 'Output processing error: CRRPE3096E. Output processing could not continue due to an error.' for tables.  Is there any way to overcome this issue?

RPE version: IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing 7.0.3

Accepted answer

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (904613) | answered May 17 '23, 5:30 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Bo Xu selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Bo Xu commented May 17 '23, 7:08 p.m.

Hi Fariz,

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried the solution 'Restart the application and try again' from the URL, but it didn't resolve the error. I discovered that this error only occurs when parsing DNG requirements that contain figures (not tables, as I previously described). I suspect this is a software bug that needs to be escalated to the IBM RPE team.

Karan Dethalia commented May 23 '23, 8:19 a.m. | edited May 23 '23, 8:26 a.m.

We tried internally on M32 build , could not reproduce this .
Would  you let us know which version you are using ?

If possible also share the template or some details about how you have designed it so it can help us reproduce.

Bo Xu commented May 23 '23, 6:37 p.m. | edited May 23 '23, 6:39 p.m.

Hi Karan,

I was using M31 build and just upgraded to M32, but the issue still persists.
I'd like to share snapshots of the setup, but I don't have enough reputation points. So, here are some additional textual details:

Regarding the failed requirement: it includes a figure in PNG format, followed by a empty line then the figure's name in the same requirement.

For the template: Used a text element inside a cell of the row element. Use 'dataSource/artifact/content/text/richTextBody' as the query and 'dataSource/artifact/content/text/richTextBody/div' as the value for this text element.

For the document specification: Used Excel as the output format and set 'Data in single cell' to true.

DNG build version: 
DOORSNext7.0.2-I20201106_0905

Thank you for the help!

Karan Dethalia commented Jul 11 '23, 1:31 a.m. | edited Jul 11 '23, 2:00 a.m.

Bo,

It looks like there is an issue running the template from DNG , can you try to run a simple template where you can use "data in a single cell" and run it from Publishing studio/launcher. 

Might be the RRDG/EDG version is not latest and hence facing this. Let us know your observation. 

If you still face issues please create a work item in Jazz.net for publishing project area and attach your templates and specification files we will investigate.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.