It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE on Jenkins node without GUI

Torben Scheffel (112) | asked Mar 08 '21, 8:02 a.m.

Hi,

I am trying to run Rational Publishing Engine (RPE) on a Jenkins node using a Jenkins job and calling RPE over its command line interface. DOORs is also installed there and RQM is reachable via web.
My problem is now that RPE gets stuck when called to create a word document and the Jenkins job just runs forever without any error. I think it is because of the graphical elements (like the process bar) RPE creates, as our Jenkins node can not handle graphical stuff.

Any idea how to fix this? Are there any experiences with RPE and Jenkins? As far as I can see, many GUI elements of RPE can be turned off, but for example not the process bar...

Thank you!

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Mar 08 '21, 8:12 a.m.
I suppose you are using the parameters (-noresult -nosplash) in the command as in
%RPE_HOME%\launcher\rpe-launcher.exe -publish filepath_filename.dsx -noresult -nosplash

You also need to set "Use publish wizard" as "No" in Windows > Preferences > RPE > Document Execution. After this, you should not see the Launcher GUI.

Comments
Torben Scheffel commented Mar 08 '21, 8:15 a.m.
Thanks for the answer.

Yes, I exactly do what you wrote.

Okay, but I can not do this as I have no GUI to go to  Windows > Preferences > RPE > Document Execution. Is there any way of doing this over the command line interface?

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Mar 08 '21, 9:03 a.m.

It is one time change in Settings. You cannot change it through CLI.

Torben Scheffel commented Mar 10 '21, 3:51 a.m. | edited Mar 10 '21, 3:52 a.m.

set "Use publish wizard" to "No", but the loading bar and one window still open. Any other idea? 

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Mar 10 '21, 8:54 a.m.

You can see that manual intervention is not needed though window opens. It gets closed by itself after document generation is done. Will check if any other parameter is available.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.