It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

rtc V4 Jenkins build problem, never mind, 3rd party adapter problem

sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | asked Sep 29 '12, 5:43 p.m.
edited Oct 01 '12, 7:15 a.m.
I am using the rtc build engine support for jenkins..

I defined a build engine and a build, and then submitted a build..

I got this error
$ scm accept -u ******** -P ******** -d c:\workspace\workspace\cacdf -s "cacdf stream" --flow-components -o -v -c 1000 1001 1002
====
Problem running 'accept':
Could not determine the URI required to connect to the repository. The UUID of the repository is _vg1vYrZhEeG4oNLlxi8Lcg. If you know the repository URI run 'login' command providing the repository URI. If not, please contact your administrator.
ERROR: Failed to run accept -u *** -P ***** -d c:\workspace\workspace\cacdf -s "cacdf stream" --flow-components -o -v -c 1000 1001 1002

by the way in the error message above, the userid and password are exposed..

looks like the interface didn't pass the repository URI on the accept command

sam

Comments
sam detweiler commented Sep 30 '12, 8:23 a.m.

looks like this is a bug in the Jenkins RTC plugin.

bypass.. do the Accept via RTC before running a build

2 answers

permanent link
Dave Marsico (4511014) | answered Dec 21 '12, 10:38 a.m.
Regarding the Jenkins RTC Plugin,  is this required with RTC 4.0?  I contacted "owner" of this 3rd party adapter and he is no longer planning to work on it.  So I was curious if its still part of the solution.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Dec 21 '12, 10:59 a.m. | edited Dec 21 '12, 11:03 a.m.

in V4 you have the connection from RTC to jobs in Jenkins.. but there is no builting support for Source access like this jenkins plugin does.

so you would have to write an ant script to extract source (using the RTC ANT tasks), or build your own batch script using the SCM commandline.

this plugin helps you build the job.. the RTC V4 stuff can help you run the job..
there still is no triggering support from RTC (fire build on checkin).. so jenkins still polls.  watch out for user passwords expiring on jenkins jobs. they will continue to poll and get logon errors..over and over

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Dec 28 '12, 3:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
That's correct, that plugin (not from IBM / Rational) does not pass the repository URI to the SCM CLI.
Try doing an scm login on the Jenkins machine first, so it has the association between repository URI and repository ID (an internal UUID identifying the repository).

I've also heard reports that that plugin does not work with RTC 4.0.1 due to changes in the SCM CLI command line options.

We are working on our own plugin for 4.0.2, tracked in plan item: [CCM] Improve Jazz SCM and Build integration with Hudson/Jenkins (239386).  In the interim, we are recommending a scripted approach using the Ant tasks and JBE.  See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/JazzScmWithJenkins

Comments
sam detweiler commented Dec 28 '12, 4:43 p.m.

the existing plugin does/did work with 4.0.1, at least pre-release M3.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.