It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM result details and RFT log are empty

Connie Mak (2318) | asked Mar 04 '16, 12:59 p.m.
I'm executing a RQM Test Case which executes a RFT script. It runs fine but the result details and RFT log are empty. I recently installed RTC client and update RFT ivory property to integrate with RTC/RQM. Not sure if this has anything to do with it but prior to this, I have executed RQM Test case which executes a RFT Script with no problem. Both result details and RFT log are populated. The RFT scripts that I'm having problem is created after the integration with RTC.

One answer

permanent link
Prakash Chauhan (36) | answered Mar 05 '16, 4:28 a.m.

Try

1. Executing a new  script with just  one  statement  say   

logInfo("Hello world");  

and see if this script runs fine and log has  the info you just added.

2.If above exhibits the same issue then there is general issue with the environment and we need to find that out.   If it runs with proper logs  (which is what I expect btw)  , then  we need to find out what has changed in the project/script that is being run.   does this script that you are running and having issue  has any  datapool  references ? If yes could you see if the datapool is empty  or has any unexpected changes since the last time when everything was working fine?

Comments
Connie Mak commented Mar 07 '16, 8:50 a.m.

answer to :
1: The script runs but result details and log are empty
2. All old projects/scripts and new projects/scripts run fine. It's just this project/script. It uses datapool and there are data in the datapool. It's a new project/script. It was tested and runs fine in RFT. It's only when it executed through RQM that is has the problem.

Prakash Chauhan commented Mar 07 '16, 11:31 a.m.

For # 1  is the sample script in a new project or the same project where you have the datapool associated?

Also  Which Version of RFT are you using?

Connie Mak commented Mar 07 '16, 1:41 p.m. | edited Mar 07 '16, 4:11 p.m.

For #1, yes, but the script doesn't reference it.
RFT Version 8.6.0.5

Prakash Chauhan commented Mar 09 '16, 11:26 a.m.

Does the project in question uses a shared datapool or are the datapools private to the scripts that use them?

Don Yang commented Mar 10 '16, 1:19 a.m.

Hi, Connie

You may want to turn on debugging to find out what is happening.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21597847

Make the reproducible script as short as possible. And run a similar short script which is working one and compare the logs and see where/what is the distinction in the backend.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.