It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Exporting to Spreadsheet (CSV\XLS\XSLX) without glossary linking syntax.

Mitch G (2710) | asked Oct 28 '20, 10:37 p.m.
 Hi, 

I've successfully spent a good amount of time importing a document for my client and nicely linked up requirements with glossary terms so I can maximise the Rich Hover feature to deliver a better reading experience. This is all great, smashing work IBM/Jazz team, this is super helpful for understanding defined terms or acronyms on the fly. 

The only issue I have now is that when I export requirements (either by Export View, or simply a small selection) the format that the "Primary Text" comes back out in now gets replaced with some linking syntax.

For example, the term ABC was replaced by (Ctrl+Space --> select the glossary term "ABC" which was found), when this is exported the original text now replaces "ABC" with:

I understand that this is for helping the DOORsNG Round Trip spreadsheet export, but is there anyway to recover the original text so I can present it back to stakeholders that can read the requirement that don't have DOORs access? I could easily create some kind of script in python or excel to resolve this but it seems like it should be a reasonable exercise to export without the linking syntax or perhaps after doing the replacement this permanently alters the Primary Text attribute...

Thoughts appreciated, I bet others out there might be wondering the same. I'm finding Rich Hover really helpful, so thanks IBM\Jazz team.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.