It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Help on JRS report to view the specific artifact types of requirements linked within the module

Shriraam Balasubramanian (4031237) | asked Apr 22 '21, 6:41 a.m.

Hello,

I would like to view all the requirements links(link type: Satisfied) associated in the 
  • GC project xx
  • Component yy
  • Module zz
I am unable to view the requirements within the module as I am able to slect only the BASE artifacts located in the folder.

Can anyone please help?

BR

2 answers

permanent link
David Clark (2341150) | answered Apr 22 '21, 8:41 a.m.

Assuming you are using DNG with JRS?

1. Build from scratch
2. Report Type - Current Data w/ data source LQE using configurations or just LQE
3. Limit scope - to your GC project XX
4. Choose Artifact - REQUIREMENTS MANAGEMENT >> select whatever type of Module artifact you have defined under the Requirement Collection section, ours is "Requirements Specification"
5. Trace relationships and add artifacts - build the following by selecting the Add a relationship button
     Requirements Specification -> Uses -> Requirements -> Satisfied By -> Requirements (1) -> Used By -> Requirement Specification (1)
6. Set Conditions - Set the Requirement Specification ID to the parent module and the Requirement Specification (1) ID to the child module.

That will limit the tracing to only the module linked requirements, note your artifact names may be different.

Comments
Shriraam Balasubramanian commented Apr 22 '21, 9:48 a.m.

Hello David,

Thanks for your quick response.

When I select 'Requirement Collection' from Choose Artifact option, I'm getting the following error "The traceability report may be missing results because there are artifact types in the report with no assocaited project areas. Navigate to the limit the scope section to add project areas to the report scope"

David Clark commented Apr 22 '21, 10:06 a.m.

did you select your configuration in step 3?

Shriraam Balasubramanian commented Apr 23 '21, 7:06 a.m.

Yes, I did 

Shriraam Balasubramanian commented May 05 '21, 5:51 a.m.

Hello David,

Can you help please? 

David Clark commented May 05 '21, 9:02 a.m.

A couple of questions:

1. Is the module defined as an artifact type in your project?
2. Have you refreshed your LQE data?

permanent link
Shriraam Balasubramanian (4031237) | answered Apr 22 '21, 8:48 a.m.

Hello David,

Thanks for your quick response.

When I select 'Requirement Collection' from Choose Artifact option, I'm getting the following error "The traceability report may be missing results because there are artifact types in the report with no associated project areas.

Navigate to the Limit the scope section to add project areas to the report scope." and I am unable to choose the desired Module Artifact Type.

Best regards,
Shriraam 

Comments
David Clark commented Apr 22 '21, 9:54 a.m.

Did you limit the scope to your project? That was step 3. 

David Clark commented Apr 22 '21, 9:54 a.m.

Did you limit the scope to your project? That was step 3. 

Shriraam Balasubramanian commented Apr 23 '21, 3:08 a.m.

Yes, I did and chose GC project. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.