It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE : Possibility of printing the content within the traceability report as hyperlink

HARISH S K (171) | asked Sep 29 '20, 5:58 a.m.
Hi,

I am trying to print the traceability report containing the columns Test Plan -> Test Case -> Requirements using RPE template.

I am able to print the report and content is getting displayed as required. Is it possible to print the test plan, test case or requirements as a hyperlink so that on clicking it will redirect to that particular artifact in the web browser.

The hyperlink might be attached to either text or the ID column.

Below are the set of columns present in the report,
Test Plan ID, Test Plan, Test Case ID, Test Case, Requirement ID, Requirement

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Sep 30 '20, 10:15 a.m.

This can be done easily in RPE. Use Hyperlink (instead of Text) element and set "Content" and "Display" properties. You can set title and identifier/href for Display and Content properties respectively.

HARISH S K selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
HARISH S K (171) | answered May 10 '21, 2:04 a.m.
Hi Subramanyam,

I tried adding hyperlink instead of text, but i'm unable to get the hyperlink output.

It would be helpful if you could share me a sample template showing hyperlink properties, I can try it once.

Thanks,
Harish

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.