It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to deploy IBM CLM applicaiton in Docker Container?

Raj Asthana (1139) | asked Aug 06 '20, 12:34 p.m.
edited Aug 07 '20, 2:49 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

Hi,

I have to deploye all IBM CLM applicaiton in Docker container.

DNG can be dockarize but here facing issue with JTS application to deploy in Docker container.

I need the support here to fine out the method how to deploy JTS?

Kindly help 

Thanks
Regards,
Raj

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 07 '20, 2:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am at a loss, what you are hoping to achieve with this question. There is no information provided that would allow anyone to act. I am pretty sure others that follow this forum suffer the same lack of crystal balls or telepathy I do.  

I'd suggest to at least read 

and reconsider and edit your question.

Raj Asthana commented Aug 07 '20, 5:35 a.m.

Hello Raplh,

Thank you for your comments.
Sorry my questions created confuison for you.
My simple requirement is that Does IBM ELM applications having deployment capability with in Docker container?
I have gone through few articels as below are saying yes but that as for DNG and RTC not for JTS:

Does that make sense for you to understand now?

Please help me here.

Thanks
Regards,
Raj

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 07 '20, 5:42 a.m. | edited Aug 07 '20, 5:43 a.m.

What is the error message you get for what version of ELM that you get deploying JTS on docker? 'cause I don't see any reason why JTS should be so special. Currently we don't provide any dockerized packaging, but that does not mean it would not work. 

Raj Asthana commented Aug 07 '20, 7:48 a.m.

Hello Ralph,

We are using IBM ELM 6.0.5 version and wants to deploy whole ELM suites. Have seen the capability of DNG and RTC but with JTS it was giving some error. Sorry don't know as of now exact error. So I would like to know as like other applications DNG and RTC can dockarzie similar way can we do JTS or whole ELM suites?
Do you have any docker image for these applications? Do you have any roadmap or plan in future to support for these applications?

Thank you very much for your answer

Regards,
Raj

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 07 '20, 8:47 a.m.

As far as I know and as already mentioned, IBM currently does not provide dockerized ELM at this time.

If you want to dockerize ELM, you would have to create them on your own. 

I am not able to talk about roadmaps and plans. 

If RTC can be dockerized, JTS likely can also, as JTS started as a part of RTC that was refactored out.

You can try to ask a new question, in case you happen to know what the error is, you are seeing.

permanent link
Raj Asthana (1139) | answered Aug 09 '20, 2:15 p.m.

Hello Ralph,

Sorry to again disturb you with in the same question.

Actaully customer wants to automate the installation and deployment process of IBM ELM suites with either WAS Liberty or WAS server it doesn't matter that can achieve from Docker container or some other way.

My request is here to know any way to automate the installation process of IBM ELM suites.

Thank you
Regards,
Raj

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 10 '20, 2:29 a.m.
The Installation Manager allows for automation. Customers have created install and upgrade automation. I know customers using Urban Code. Any automation that can coordinate across multiple servers would do. Chef maybe.

Use Liberty Profile.

permanent link
Raj Asthana (1139) | answered Aug 10 '20, 2:46 a.m.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 10 '20, 2:52 a.m.

Raj, I have shared what I am able to.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.