It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC opening completely blank

Michael Miracle (111) | asked Nov 16 '09, 11:54 p.m.
I have been working in RTC for the past few months.
RTC opened completely blank for me today and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions.
The only view that has content is Pending Changes.
When I try to open recent files it gives the following error: Error Opening the Editor, The file does not exist. Sometimes the file opens, but does not show up in Navigator or
I believe that something may be corrupted in the start up process, but I'm not sure what.
I've tried to open directly from eclipse.exe, but it produces the same effect. I've tried refreshing windows to no avail.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 17 '09, 3:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Michael,

not sure, but my first thought is: Eclipse is confused with something like the memento data. Starting eclipse and keeping the workspace does not necessarily help here.

One thing you can always try is to open RTC with a new workspace. If you reconnect to the repository, does that succeed?

Another option would be to close all perspectives and editors, close Eclipse and restart it. This is close to creating a new workspace but will keep preferences.

Also try looking for logs in the .metadata directory in your current workspace. can you identify the editor or file that causes the issue?

Just some thoughts,
Ralph

I have been working in RTC for the past few months.
RTC opened completely blank for me today and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions.
The only view that has content is Pending Changes.
When I try to open recent files it gives the following error: Error Opening the Editor, The file does not exist. Sometimes the file opens, but does not show up in Navigator or
I believe that something may be corrupted in the start up process, but I'm not sure what.
I've tried to open directly from eclipse.exe, but it produces the same effect. I've tried refreshing windows to no avail.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.