It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RC4 - be sure to set up your database for Std version

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | asked Jun 09 '08, 7:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

Hopefully this will prevent some of you doing what I did this morning :-)

I have installed RC4 (actually, did a software upgrade using the Installation Manager from RC3) and forgot to edit the teamserver.properties files to point to the correct database. This is clearly stated in the installation instructions - so user error on my part.

However, in spite of not pointing to a valid database, I could use the webUI to create users, a project, etc. The only problem occurred when I was using the RTC Eclipse client and I started getting errors about not connecting to the database.

The fix is to go back in and correct the teamserver.properties file. This will mean you lose any settings you have entered so far (I did not try and recover these as I am working on a test repository and had nothing worth keeping). Also - start up RTC in a new workspace, don't use the existing workspace as it seems to retain some info on the connection.

anthony

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jun 12 '08, 6:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Quick correction - I have seen that Derby is now supported in Standard. I missed this change on RC4.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.