It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error reading ServiceProviderCatalog - may be related to 6.0.4 upgrade

Tali Rabetti (111820) | asked Sep 25 '17, 1:43 a.m.

Hi,
I am using a lyo based java code to read RTC data. It worked fine until now. Suddenly, I am getting an exception. The only change I can think of that could cause this is upgrading CLM to 6.0.4. Can anyone understand what could have happened?

The exception happens on this code:

String serviceProviderUrl = client.lookupServiceProviderUrl(catalogUrl, projectArea);

The error message is:

ERROR:A javax.ws.rs.ext.MessageBodyReader implementation was not found for class org.eclipse.lyo.oslc4j.core.model.ServiceProviderCatalog type and text/html; charset=UTF-8 media type.  Verify that all entity providers are correctly registered.  Add a custom javax.ws.rs.ext.MessageBodyReader provider to handle the type and media type if a JAX-RS entity provider does not currently exist.

Thanks!

Comments
Donald Nong commented Sep 25 '17, 3:37 a.m.

Have you had a closer look at the catalog content? What version did you upgrade from?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jim Amsden (29347) | answered Sep 25 '17, 8:27 a.m.

This is likely a login issue. If the login fails, the server returns an error message as Content-Type text/html instead of Application/rdf+xml which is expected by the MessageBodyReader for the ServiceProviderCatalog class. Check your user id and password and make sure they are correct.

Tali Rabetti selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Tali Rabetti commented Sep 26 '17, 2:03 a.m.

Thanks! I forgot I also had to change my password, which is hard coded in the code..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.