It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add custom mime types to the RTC Source Code Review Tool version 6.0.6.1

Siddharth Kaul (135) | asked Jul 21 '20, 12:31 p.m.

For a RTC Jazz version 6.0.6.1 

We are trying to use the code review facility that comes with the tool.
It seems that application comes with its own list of pre-supported mime types. 
like application/xml and others.

My query is if we have to add custom mime types like
application/mwt 
How can i do the same? We have the associated application with the type available.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.3k27) | answered Jul 23 '20, 4:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't believe this is possible today.

Siddharth Kaul selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Siddharth Kaul commented Jul 23 '20, 4:36 a.m.

Thanks for answering.
Maybe this is a stupid follow up question. But  
Isnt this just service running at the backhand cant we just call a flag and attach our application or change some configuration file and slap our data there and get it running? Code Review Tool in current version though great is not very flexible.

Shashikant Padur commented Jul 23 '20, 4:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Not sure I understand the question. What do you mean by attach our application or slap our data?
With respect to the compare tool we use the Eclipse Orion compare editor to do the diff.

Siddharth Kaul commented Jul 23 '20, 6:34 a.m.

aah okay it is eclipse orion. Okay. Nevermind that was not a correct question. 

David Lafreniere commented Sep 06 '20, 8:48 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Note: Even though you may get a warning about an unknown MIME type, we still offer the ability to force show the textual content of the file so that you can continue with the review. The assumption is that if Orion doesn't know the MIME type, it might be a binary file, in which case it doesn't make sense to show in the compare editor - but at least you will not be blocked from performing a review if the file content is actually text; you'll just have to live with clicking on the confirmation dialog.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.