It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC VS Client issues

Timothy McKemy (1082317) | asked Nov 15 '09, 12:43 p.m.
I have a couple of issues with the Visual Studio client:

1) Every time someone in one workspace accepts delivered changes to the stream, a change set is created for everyone else indicating the .suo file has changed. This goes on endlessly. Ignoring the extension would fix this, but the VS solution files are configuration managed, so the .suo file needs to be controlled. Anything I can do about this?

2) Work Items don't show up in the dialog box when I'm trying to associate a change set with a work item. I saw the thread about this from a year ago, but the problem still exists. Frankly, a search dialog is of much use if you have to know the results of the search (the WI number) in advance. When will this be made to work like in the Eclipse client?

4 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Nov 16 '09, 11:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have a couple of issues with the Visual Studio client:

1) Every time someone in one workspace accepts delivered changes to the stream, a change set is created for everyone else indicating the .suo file has changed. This goes on endlessly. Ignoring the extension would fix this, but the VS solution files are configuration managed, so the .suo file needs to be controlled. Anything I can do about this?

2) Work Items don't show up in the dialog box when I'm trying to associate a change set with a work item. I saw the thread about this from a year ago, but the problem still exists. Frankly, a search dialog is of much use if you have to know the results of the search (the WI number) in advance. When will this be made to work like in the Eclipse client?

Hi

Which version of the VS client are you using? (Current one is 2.0.0.1)

anthony

permanent link
Timothy McKemy (1082317) | answered Nov 16 '09, 12:39 p.m.

anthony

Looks like 2.0. Which of these issues been fixed in 2.0.0.1?

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Nov 16 '09, 3:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

anthony

Not sure - but it helps to know which version you are using.

anthony

permanent link
Sreerupa Sen (1.0k4) | answered Nov 30 '09, 12:59 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We (the RTC for Visual Studio Client team) have our solution files checked in, but have .jazzignore-d our .suo files and this works fine for us. I mayn't have understood your problem - so would you please let me know why this wouldn'work for you.

Work items search does work in 2.0.0.1 - you don't need to specify the ids.

anthony

Not sure - but it helps to know which version you are using.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.