It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 5.0.2 Offline Documentation

Eric Muehlstedt (154) | asked Jun 21 '16, 1:00 p.m.
Is the CLM 5.0.2 documentation available to download for use in an offline environment?  We have a disconnected instance of Jazz/RTC for which we need to provide standard documentation available to users in this environment.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alan Sampson (93749) | answered Jun 21 '16, 7:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You may want to take a look at this help page: http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCP65_5.0.2/com.ibm.help.common.rational.remote.doc/topics/t_setup_intranet.html?cp=SSJJ9R_5.0.2 It describes "An administrator can set up the help content in an Enterprise environment on an intranet server behind a firewall for users to access"

You should be able to download the help WAR file from this download site:
http://download.boulder.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/software/rationalsdp/documentation/updatesites/?cm_mc_uid=02819852299614664628713&cm_mc_sid_80200000=1466552335
Eric Muehlstedt selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Eric Muehlstedt commented Jun 27 '16, 12:56 p.m.

Thanks, Alan.  That first page is very useful.

I'm faced with the unfortunate problem of the customer desiring (maybe even requiring) documentation in a classic "printable" form.  I think that's inefficient and possibly counterproductive, but that's what they want.  I may have to do some "re-education" to get them to accept the idea of an intranet-based documentation system.

2 other answers

permanent link
Kenny Smith (302513) | answered Jun 21 '16, 2:49 p.m.
 This should be installed on your server when you installed the initial apps. The app clmhelp is the documentation.
http://<yourclmserver/clmhelp/index.jsp

If it did not install, you can install it from the tomcat webapps directory, if it was not already installed. The default Linux directory is:
/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server/tomcat/webapps

The file is clmhelp.war

Comments
Eric Muehlstedt commented Jun 21 '16, 5:01 p.m.

Thank you, Kenny.  We do have the clmhelp application installed on WebSphere.  Our customer desires a free-standing manual-style document or document tree.  I'm not sure of the value added by such an approach, but it's what they're asking for.

Thanks again,

Eric

permanent link
Kenny Smith (302513) | answered Jun 21 '16, 5:24 p.m.
 I would spend the time to help them understand that the app is "freestanding". You could certainly install the clmhelp.war on another app server if that makes them feel better. There is no PDF or manual style document to my knowledge. I truly think this requires education on your customer's part. 

Comments
Eric Muehlstedt commented Jun 21 '16, 6:24 p.m.

I certainly agree with the education part.  Looks like I've got my work cut out for me.  They are US Gov, so they're used to doing things a certain way.  I think the app fulfills everything they would need, just not according to their normal standards and procedures.

Thanks again.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.