It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE 7.0 Installer

Sean F (1.3k12351) | asked May 13 '20, 12:05 p.m.
Is this the new version of RPE?

When I install it it does not create desktop icons to run RPE Publisher and Studio

It installs stuff that looks like server stuff rather than application stuff under

C:\Program Files\IBM\DocumentBuilder

If this is RPE how do you run the usual applications?

I am a bit confused with all the rebranding whether or not there is a new version of RPE and if so where to get it. RPE used to be available for download on Jazz.net

Comments
Fariz Saracevic commented May 13 '20, 5:12 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Sean,

It seems you only selected Publishing Document Builder. 

When you say, I install it, could you let us know how did you install it?  

3 answers

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (2.9k11938) | answered May 14 '20, 3:05 a.m.

Hi Sean,

I had to update my environment so I installed it PUB using https://jazz.net/downloads/elo-publishing.

If You will select IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publising you should get the Launcher and Document Studio. Based on your description you installed only Document Builder.

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.2k14) | answered May 14 '20, 1:27 a.m.
Hi Sean,
You will find 2 different packages - IBM ELO - Publishing (which includes Launcher, Studio and DOORS Addin) and IBM ELO - Publishing Document Builder. You need to install them separately.

Note that you do not see desktop shortcuts created automatically for Studio and Launcher anymore; IBM common install guidelines don't recommend having them. The shortcuts are found in the start menu (which you can pin to taskbar) or you can create shortcut manually from %rpe_home%\studio and %rpe_home%\launcher.

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k12351) | answered May 14 '20, 9:58 a.m.

Thanks for the replies.

I went to the following link on 20th April

There was one download available which came down as a 1.4 GB zip file titled PUB-offering-repo-7.0.zip

When I unzipped and installed it there was only 1 component offered -   IBM ELO - Publishing Document Builder:-

Installing it did not install the new client software.

Now when I go back to the same download location there is still only 1 download offered but the zip file is now named PUB-7.0.zip and it is now 2.9GB in size

Was the new Publishing client only recently bundled into the available download zip?

Comments
Bartosz Chrabski commented May 14 '20, 10:26 a.m.

Sean,

I downloaded it yesterday and my archive is 2.9GB.

Document Builder is web-based component of RPE.

Can you click "Modify" in Installation Manager and check if You have more options there?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.