It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE 7.0 Installer

Sean F (1.3k243149) | asked May 13 '20, 12:05 p.m.
Is this the new version of RPE?

When I install it it does not create desktop icons to run RPE Publisher and Studio

It installs stuff that looks like server stuff rather than application stuff under

C:\Program Files\IBM\DocumentBuilder

If this is RPE how do you run the usual applications?

I am a bit confused with all the rebranding whether or not there is a new version of RPE and if so where to get it. RPE used to be available for download on Jazz.net

Comments
Fariz Saracevic commented May 13 '20, 5:12 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Sean,

It seems you only selected Publishing Document Builder. 

When you say, I install it, could you let us know how did you install it?  

3 answers

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k243149) | answered May 14 '20, 9:58 a.m.

Thanks for the replies.

I went to the following link on 20th April

There was one download available which came down as a 1.4 GB zip file titled PUB-offering-repo-7.0.zip

When I unzipped and installed it there was only 1 component offered -   IBM ELO - Publishing Document Builder:-

Installing it did not install the new client software.

Now when I go back to the same download location there is still only 1 download offered but the zip file is now named PUB-7.0.zip and it is now 2.9GB in size

Was the new Publishing client only recently bundled into the available download zip?

Comments
Bartosz Chrabski commented May 14 '20, 10:26 a.m.

Sean,

I downloaded it yesterday and my archive is 2.9GB.

Document Builder is web-based component of RPE.

Can you click "Modify" in Installation Manager and check if You have more options there?

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12649) | answered May 14 '20, 3:05 a.m.

Hi Sean,

I had to update my environment so I installed it PUB using https://jazz.net/downloads/elo-publishing.

If You will select IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publising you should get the Launcher and Document Studio. Based on your description you installed only Document Builder.

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered May 14 '20, 1:27 a.m.
Hi Sean,
You will find 2 different packages - IBM ELO - Publishing (which includes Launcher, Studio and DOORS Addin) and IBM ELO - Publishing Document Builder. You need to install them separately.

Note that you do not see desktop shortcuts created automatically for Studio and Launcher anymore; IBM common install guidelines don't recommend having them. The shortcuts are found in the start menu (which you can pin to taskbar) or you can create shortcut manually from %rpe_home%\studio and %rpe_home%\launcher.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.