It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installation of ELM 702 in local

lakshmi jyothsna (3716) | asked Nov 09 '21, 10:16 p.m.

Hi Everyone, 

I am facing challenges while installing JTS and applications . I installed ccm,rm,qm,gc,RMM and rs successfully but how to install AM in 702. I understood that it was coming with CCM but I want to install separate instance with /am . And when I want to create lpa project it should create in AM along with other applications. 
 Could you please suggest or provide documentation for 702 installation.

Thanks in advance.
Jyothsna

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 10 '21, 2:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 10 '21, 2:09 a.m.

The documentation can be found here: 

When you perform the install you can choose the context root for the application.

lakshmi jyothsna selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 10 '21, 12:49 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The way to think about this is that AM is now just one of the functions that a ccm application can perform.

So if you want to have your AM artifacts in a separate repository from the rest of your ccm artifacts, you have to create a second ccm repository for those AM artifacts.   So the documentation you are looking for is how to create more than one ccm repository to be managed by a single JTS.   Similarly, for LPA, what you are doing is creating more than one ccm repository for a single lifecycle project.  

A side question is why you are creating a separate ccm application for your AM artifacts ... there are a number of limitations that this will introduce into how your AM artifacts can be linked to work items in the separate ccm application.

Comments
lakshmi jyothsna commented Nov 11 '21, 2:58 a.m.

Thanks for reply .

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.