It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test case execution record (test case with multiple test scripts)

New User (15210) | asked Mar 05 '20, 5:48 p.m.

Hello all,

I created  a test case with multiple test scripts and created test case execution record.
When I execute the TER only the first test scripts steps display. Is this expected ? and how can all the test scripts be executed under one test case
Please advise, appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

Comments
New User commented Mar 13 '20, 10:47 a.m.

Appreciate the answers, thanks  a lot

2 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Mar 09 '20, 11:38 p.m.
I don't know the use case for a test case with multiple test scripts but only one TCER.
- if multiple test scripts are to represent different functions of an object, you may consider creating different environment variables and associate with different TCER for that test case with each test script
- if only one TCER is used, you may try using Test Suite Execution Record to add the same TCER but with different test script and then run the TSER which should run each TCER one by one.

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.2k217) | answered Mar 10 '20, 1:49 a.m.
Each TCER can be associated with only one Test Script.

The reason multiple Test Scripts are able to be associated with a single Test Case is so that you can implement the same Test Case for different environments - for instance you may have a Test Case that tests a new client signing up to your app, and you may have this capability available in native iOS, Android and desktop web applications. You will very likely need to create a different Test Script for each environment, or may create a manual Test Script first and then later on automate the Test Case. Once you have all these options, you can then define different TCERs for your iOS testing and Android testing and use the appropriate scripts.

If you have created a set of modular Test Script steps then you have several options:
 - for automated tests, create a top level shell script that assembles the pieces into a single flow
 - for manual tests you can use a Test Suite to assemble the pieces into a single flow, however I prefer to put the pieces into keywords and then use them in a single Manual Test Script because typically the reason you have created the separate sets of steps is because you want to reuse them across many Test Cases

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.