It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Test Cases suspect and requirements

Felix CHRETIEN (1112) | asked Nov 26 '12, 5:04 a.m.
Hi everyone,
I'm actually having troubles with RQM 2.xx :
When I change a requirement (ie : its description) linked with a Test Case, the TC is changing to suspect.
Then I'm using RQMUrlutility to export the same TC with other requirements, but I cant' make a PUT operation since the TC is suspect (got a 409 - conflict error) and the requirements associated with it won't change.
So is there a way to update a suspect TC with RQMUrlutility without having to delete it before?

Many thanks in advance,
Regards.

Comments
Chidambaram L commented Oct 07 '14, 11:56 a.m. | edited Oct 07 '14, 11:56 a.m.

@felix44, "When I change a requirement (ie : its description) linked with a Test Case, the TC is changing to suspect." How will the Tester know that the the TC is Suspect ? Is it displayed in an RQM Query or in a RRC Query ? I am using CLM 5.0

Paul Slauenwhite commented Oct 07 '14, 3:55 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

3 answers

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Nov 26 '12, 7:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
How do you know that (409 - conflict error) is due to suspect status of the test case?

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Nov 26 '12, 9:48 a.m.
Hi Felix,

Can you provide the HTTP response (including stack trace in the error message) from the PUT request?  Also, are you certain you have the most current test case XML (e.g. after the test case has been deemed suspect) for the PUT request?

Comments
Felix CHRETIEN commented Nov 27 '12, 5:04 a.m.

All thanks a lot for your help.
I might do something wrong with the XML but actually can't guess where.
Here's my error message :
"The request could not be completed due to a conflict with the current state of the resource ()"
Problem is, when I'm doing a GET on the TestCase before and after it's been deemed suspect, only one thing changed in the XML : <ns6:updated>2012-11-26T16:06:24.944Z</ns6:updated> became
<ns6:updated>2012-11-27T09:31:38.855Z</ns6:updated>.
Other parts all remain the same, even the <identifier> (but maybe it's not the same as the stateId you just mentioned).
I might miss something important, sorry bothering you guys!

permanent link
Felix CHRETIEN (1112) | answered Nov 26 '12, 8:40 a.m.
Thank you for the quick answer!

I did some tries using the plug-in "Poster" (for firefox) ;
In example, I've done two PUT requests for the same Test Case on a URL like this (https://xxxxx.com/jazz/secure/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/xxxx/testcase/urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:18544 ) : it works on a "normal" Test Case (TC is updating with all its requirements), but returns a conflict error (409) on a suspect TC.
That's why I guessed the same thing happens using RQMUrlutility.

Comments
Pramod Chandoria commented Nov 26 '12, 12:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Do you have stateId in the XML? In case Test case has been modified since last state of XML you have, and if you try to specify that stateId then it might fail on PUT
So remove that entry from XML if it exist or GET latest copy and PUT again.

Paul Slauenwhite commented Nov 27 '12, 6:56 a.m.

Are you using the If-Match HTTP Header?

Paul Slauenwhite commented Nov 27 '12, 7:16 a.m.

Note, the test case resource does not contain a stateId property.

Felix CHRETIEN commented Nov 27 '12, 8:06 a.m.

Well, I'm not using the If-Match HTTP Header and I don't understand how to do... Guess I got to search a bit about it. Thank you for the advices!

Paul Slauenwhite commented Nov 27 '12, 8:28 a.m.

I would suggest that this issue is a product defect.  Please open a RQM defect with your before/after test case XML, CLM logs, and steps to reproduce the symptom.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.