It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error connecting to ORacle DB instance

Narayanan Potti (27037379) | asked Nov 10 '09, 9:11 a.m.
I installed RTC 2.0.0.1 on Windows Server 2003. I have a working RTC 1.0.1.1. installation on the same server and I copied the teamserver.properties file over to the location for 2.0.0.1 installation. I tried to configure RTC. When trying to connect to Oracle database it throws this error -

CRJAZ0808I The driver "oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver" could not be loaded and registered. Support for some database vendors requires that the JDBC driver JAR be provided in a path configured by the server scripts. If you are experiencing problems changing the database vendor, refer to the product setup instructions for more information.

Can some one please help me with this ?

Thanks
NP

One answer

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Nov 10 '09, 4:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Oracle JDBC driver cannot be found in your path. Edit the server.startup script and set ORACLE_JDBC to the path that contains the oracle jdbc jar file.

--- Balaji

I installed RTC 2.0.0.1 on Windows Server 2003. I have a working RTC 1.0.1.1. installation on the same server and I copied the teamserver.properties file over to the location for 2.0.0.1 installation. I tried to configure RTC. When trying to connect to Oracle database it throws this error -

CRJAZ0808I The driver "oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver" could not be loaded and registered. Support for some database vendors requires that the JDBC driver JAR be provided in a path configured by the server scripts. If you are experiencing problems changing the database vendor, refer to the product setup instructions for more information.

Can some one please help me with this ?

Thanks
NP

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.