It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Testplan: Export PDF (Summary) keeps hanging - possible causes and fixes?

Jürgen Brückler (69122) | asked Nov 13 '19, 4:02 a.m.

On our productive server in 2 of 3 RQM project areas exporting a testplan Summary to PDF keeps hanging.

The qm.log shows such a failure:

2019-09-12 10:28:11,633 [qm: AsynchronousTaskRunner-0 @@ 10:00] ERROR .ibm.rqm.print.service.engine.command.PrintCommand  - 11 - KeControlPlatformRef_Release2019q2.pdf [artifact-summary] (_cImFoNUzEem9Zu72QroPZg): fatal error encountered while trying to executecom.ibm.rqm.print.common.exception.PrintRuntimeException: The result of the print job with filename="11 - KeControlPlatformRef_Release2019q2.pdf" seems to be corrupted.  An uncaught error must have occurred during execution.  This document will be excluded from any parent print job
We use RQM 6.05 iFix004.

I tried to reproduce it on our test server (having the same RQM version installed), but could not reproduce it.

Can anybody give me some hints what could be the cause for this failure? I have removed custom testcase sections on the productive servers project - still the error appears there (while the custom sections remain on the test server and PDF gets generated there without a problem).
We don't have tables in the testplan rich text fields.
Any more issues that might influence the generation of the PDF (even the summary!) badly...?

Thank you!
Juergen

One answer

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Dec 17 '19, 9:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can set logger level of com.ibm.rqm.integration.service to INFO. This will give extra information but it will generate huge log file. Using repodebug, you can change the log level just before giving print. After print is over, set it again to WARN.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.