It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Results of password change for CLM admin account

vinay kumar bondugula (7312871) | asked Sep 23 '19, 7:51 a.m.

Hi All,

We are planning to change the CLM admin password as it is been years we did not changed the password of admin account after the initial setup. We would like know the areas/places where we need to modify the password manually after the clm admin account password is changed. All our application hosted machines are windows servers, Current CLM version is 6.0.3 and the applications hosted are CCM, CCM2(second instance of CCM), QM, RM, DCC and JRS, Application server is WAS and Database is MSSQL. We have also configured the IHS server as proxy server and LDAP for user registry. Please let me know in case of any information.

Thanks,
Vinay 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Sep 24 '19, 1:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 24 '19, 1:50 a.m.

I am not aware of any place where the password of a CLM Admin should be stored by the CLM servers. This should not be an issue and you should basically be able to change the password without any impact.

However, things can be done wrong.......

I would suggest checking the teamserver.properties if you used the CLM administration user and password to connect to the DB, LDAP, SMTP etc. You should not have done that, but if you had, then the password could be stored there and you should take the opportunity to have dedicated users for this. 

There are other places where a functional user is used e.g. reporting, build,.. to access the applications. Again this should not be (one of) the CLM admin user(s), but worth checking if someone did use the user so you can fix this. 

Finally you should know and understand any of the external automation that you might be using and where this uses a CLM Admin and where you might have hard-coded passwords. Upgrade automation, monitoring, scripts,......  

vinay kumar bondugula selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.