It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Locking of the Approval type in Approval tab

Amit Punpale (1244) | asked Jun 28 '13, 1:11 p.m.

Hi,

We are trying to enforce approvals for our team and we find following three serious limitations -

1. To start with ,there are only three approval types - Approval , Review and Verification. We can not have more than that.

2. The names of these approval types can not be customised. e.g. We want to have "Initial Approval", "UAT Sign off approval", "Post Production Approval" - thats it not possible.

3. We are enforcing approvals using Approval tracking method i.e. In particular state a particular type of approval should be "Approved". e.g. when the work item is "In Progress" the Initial approval (Approval) should be approved. In "Sign off" state "Review approval" (which we are using for UAT testing) should be in approved etc. However what we found was, if "Approval" is approved, one can change the type of it to "Review" and that is pefectly legitimate. After that the state that needs "Review approval" to be approved goes ahead without any issues. This is captured in the history tab but this shouldn't be allowed in the first place. IT SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED to change the type of approval once you have added it and its approved/rejected.

I am not sure if I am missing any configuration here. But this I think is a loop hole for us as we are trying to use RTC for creating a frame work for SOX compliance purpose.

Regards,

Amit

One answer

permanent link
Dejan Custic (2855) | answered Jun 28 '13, 4:55 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Amit,

For reference, this post has some information and links to resources that describe some of the options you have setting up approval tracking https://jazz.net/forum/questions/99169/how-to-configure-approval-tracking-process

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.