It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Ifix14 patching on RTC client repo installation

Norman Dignard (356688167) | asked Jul 29 '19, 9:44 a.m.

I've been able to apply ifix 14 client patch into a an Eclispe p2 install and a RTC plain zip client.

I have not been able to patch a RTC cleint installed with IBMIM.  Is there a problem patching IBMIM RTC client installation? 

RTC client  Version: 6.0.5
Build id: RTC-CLIENT-I20171103-1916

Install Manager Version: 1.8.9
Internal version: 1.8.9000.20180313_1417
Architecture: 64-bit

I've tried to patch using IBMIM.   - does not work.
Unzipped the patch and used RTC -help- install new sw.  Something installs but the help about still reads just  Version: 6.0.5 unlike the other 2 which read Version: 6.0.5 ifix14 Build id: RTC-CLIENT-I20190628-0422.

I've uninstalled/re-installed the rtc cleint & patch to no avail.   I do get a notice on patching in that it states that 
... extension.rtc....   and ...toolkit.rtc is already installed.  Deselecting them from the list of stuff to be installed does nothing.

Any ideas? Can you not patch a IBMIM installed RTC client? 

One answer

permanent link
Bharath Rao (900134) | answered Jul 29 '19, 10:00 a.m.

Hi Norman,

The readme.txt file available with the iFix contains the instructions to update the RTC Eclipse Client

Here is the excerpt:

5. RATIONAL TEAM CONCERT CLIENT FOR ECLIPSE UPDATE SITE INSTRUCTIONS

To install the client update site:

NOTE: When going through the installation steps, if no features are listed, uncheck the "Group items by category" check box.

a. Extract the update site file to the computer where the client is installed.
b. In the Rational Team Concert client, click Help > Install New Software.
c. In the Install window, click Add.
d. In the Add Repository window, click Local and navigate to the extracted update site file. The update site root directory contains a site.xml file.
e. Select the patches to install.
f. If you agree to the terms, accept the license agreement and click Install.
g. After the installation is complete, restart the Rational Team Concert client.

Hope this helps!

---
Please like / comment / mark the question as answered if it helped.

Comments
Norman Dignard commented Jul 29 '19, 10:15 a.m.

I've read these many times.  Does not work for a IBMIM repro install of RTC client.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.