It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to merge the cells in RPE

sreenath v (78167) | asked Apr 07 '19, 4:38 a.m.
how to merge the cells in rpe like,

testcase name :  step 1
                          step 2
                           step 3

like this.Now when i try for cell rowspan = 2 , only first cell in output got reflect. other all test case get wrongly merged.

Comments
Cathy Xu commented Apr 12 '19, 5:52 a.m.

<style type="text/css"> p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 10.0px 'Lucida Grande'} </style>

Attach above screen shot on behalf of sreenath v as he is not able to.

Facing an issue in RPE for merging cells.

Trying to pull test case and test script to Excel, merge same test case name cells together as shown in attachment.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Apr 22 '19, 6:13 a.m.

As you cannot predict the number of steps for each test script, you cannot set rowspan property. You can rather place another Table element within the Cell that prints the steps. You can refer %rpe_home%\templates\RQM\QM_TestcasesWithTestscripts.dta

sreenath v selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
sreenath v commented May 07 '19, 8:26 a.m.

It worked Thank you.

2 other answers

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Apr 07 '19, 12:58 p.m.
Where have you used the query in your template? Is the row within the query context?

Instead of using rowspan, you may also try using the test step query within the cell so that all steps are added in the same cell.

Comments
Cathy Xu commented Apr 12 '19, 5:53 a.m.

Hi Prasad,

I have attached a screen shot customer sent to me per his request.
Could you please help further? Thanks a lot. 

permanent link
sreenath v (78167) | answered Apr 07 '19, 1:19 p.m.

I have used the query for testcase inside text box and for steps and steps I have used in cell level.So what happens for each step gets generated in each cell and respective testcase name also gets generated for each step.(same testcase name for all test step).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.