It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Controlling the input of the "Create a document-style report wizard"

June Boston (1943038) | asked Apr 04 '14, 6:30 p.m.
 Hello,

I created a report in RPE that prints multiple modules, and uploaded it to RRC so that one can run the reports from a collection or view.  It needs the user to select the modules they want and runs successfully like that.  However, I see the default reports will actually show the items from the current view as items to pass to the report; my report currently requires manual searching for each module (and would let a user pass in things that aren't modules as well).

How can we control the report wizard pop-up's options?  Is there a way to make it populate with the current view of items?  Can I ensure only certain types of requirements artifacts appear in the list?  Is it possible to preserve the order of passed items?

Comments
June Boston commented Apr 21 '14, 8:16 p.m.

I understand that the default Module report uses custom script-generated views that are hidden from the normal Reporting API.  Is a similar non-replicable technique used to specify the types of artifacts that can be used as input in the RRDG wizard popup?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.