It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why won't an extension trigger unless Work Item Save Operation is selected?

Shawn Carroll (2817) | asked Apr 02 '19, 3:59 p.m.

I created a simple extension with the operationId in the participant's plugin.xml set to com.ibm.team.process.server.saveTeamArea. When I modified a team area and saved it, nothing fired and none of my breakpoints are hit. Then I switched the operationId to com.ibm.team.workitem.operation.workItemSave and switched the extension to a work item save in the process configuration. I save a workitem and my extension is called and my breakpoint is hit. I've only developed Work Item Save participants so far, and I wasn't sure what other differences there are between development for the work item save event and any other event or if there's another reason this extension wouldn't be triggered?

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Apr 02 '19, 10:41 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you don't get an answer here, please submit a defect.   Please include the information about work item save trigger working, so support understands that you have made this work for the work item save operation. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shawn Carroll (2817) | answered Apr 04 '19, 10:42 a.m.

Solved this issue. I had to manually associate my team areas within my project area with the project area before my extension would see the changes being made to those team areas.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.