It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 6.0.6.1 "Development Mode"

Morten Madsen (3053150) | asked Feb 09 '21, 9:59 a.m.

What is the "Development Mode" option in RTC server settings (when using ?internal=1)?

I can't seem to find this in the CLM docs.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 10 '21, 3:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Morten,

I am pretty sure the answer is as follows:

As the name internal indicates, the flag is an internal capability that is not a customer feature. Hence it does not require to be documented. Support would provide the explanation if they ask you to use this capability.

I do not know what it means. I was only aware of ?internal=true as URI parameter that I use to request a reprovisioning (server reset) for server extension development.

Morten Madsen selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Morten Madsen commented Feb 10 '21, 4:21 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

I think I didn't express myself clearly enough.

internal=true and internal=1 is the same thing. When you set this flag, you see both the "server reset" and the "development mode" options in the menu to the left.

I'm wondering about the "development mode" checkbox. But I think your answer would be the same :).

I was kinda hoping this "development mode" would re-provision automatically or something, but I don't know.

Thanks.

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 10 '21, 9:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Morten,

I can try to reach out to some devs and ask. No promises. Usually when you hope something it does not come true. Reprovisioning happens during the startup after a server reset. 

You can work in debugging on Jetty and do changes to your code and it gets recognized and changed in the server. Not sure what your use case is.  

Morten Madsen commented Feb 10 '21, 9:19 a.m.

Hi Ralph, it would indeed be nice to know what it does, but it's not that important. I'm doing fine with server reset and the jetty setup :).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.