It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 4.03 and RDz 9.0 - using eclipse 4.2 version - where is the RDz-RTC connector for those two?

Donald Poulin (2249119107) | asked Sep 16 '13, 2:46 p.m.
I am able to install RTC 4.0.2 based on eclipse 3.6 and then  install RDZ 8.5 into the same eclipse package and also install the RDZ-RTC 4.0 connector and all seems to function ok. If I install RTC 4.0.3 based on eclipse 4.2 and look at installing RDZ 9.0 which is also based on eclipse 4.2 I am  not able to find the RDZ-RTC connector within the RDz 9.0 feature list using software downloads. Is there a connector for RDZ 9.0and RTC 4.0.3 and if so where can I find it.

Comments
Jorge Diaz commented Sep 23 '13, 9:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Donald,

just to make sure, did you follow the installation steps outlined in this page of the InfoCenter: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/ratdevz/v9r0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rtc.rdz.doc%2Ftopics%2Frdzrtcz_int_client_install.html

Regards,

Jorge.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Steve Dearth (2212) | answered Sep 24 '13, 9:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Donald,

Yes, RTC 4.0.3 still supports integration with RDz 9.0. However, because the integration is installed through Installation Manager, you need to ensure that you install the Eclipse 4.2 based RTC client through IM. This client needs to be installed in the same package group as RDz9.0.

If RDz and RTC are installed at separate times, you won't have the  option of installing the integration component until both clients are installed into the same package group.

I've you've downloaded RDz through Passport Advantage, you should have everything you need. If you install through the RDz launchpad, the Installation Wizard will walk you through getting the integration component installed. The integration connector is contained in the RDz90_RTCz directory of the download. If you're not using the launchpad, you should be able to just point your IM at the repository in this directory.

Steve
Donald Poulin selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.