It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to use RTC Plain Java API in webservices?

Karthik Krishnan (8825118163) | asked Sep 18 '13, 8:46 a.m.
Is it possible to use the RTC Plain Java API in webserices (for an in house application)?

When we try this I get the following error

This Web axisService has deployment faults

Error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/team/repository/common/TeamRepositoryException at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source) at org.apache.axis2.description.java2wsdl.DefaultSchemaGenerator. (DefaultSchemaGenerator.java:140) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.util.Utils.fillAxisService(Utils.java:453) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceBuilder.populateService(ServiceBuilder.java:388) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.ArchiveReader.buildServiceGroup(ArchiveReader.java:101) at 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Sep 19 '13, 1:08 p.m.
You need to get the location of the Java API in the class path.  You don't go into much detail about what the web hosting application is (e.g. Apache, Apache Tomcat, WAS...) or how you might be deploying (war file, bare jar or class files...)

I just replied to a post that I've been using the Java API in a Apache Tomcat environment.  I deploy a war file and all the required libraries are in the WebContent/WEB-INF/lib folder of the package.

Karthik Krishnan selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Karthik Krishnan commented Sep 20 '13, 5:32 a.m.

Thanks Kevin for your feedback. I am planing to use Apache Tomcat.
We are trying to develop a we based app using RTC API's. At present it's only in the starting phase and I am trying to find the compatibility of these API's and that's when I got the aforementioned errors.

We are planning to use Eclipse + Tomcat

Since you say it;s possible it would be great if you could share some more light on this topic regarding the setup

Many thanks once again.

Kevin Ramer commented Sep 20 '13, 8:15 a.m.

Karthik,
As an IBM-er, I am spoiled in that I can get Rational Application Developer and I haven't used "bare" Eclipse in a while.  One way to start would be to create a new "Dynamic Web Project" in Eclipse (if the supporting plugins are in your Eclipse).  Creating that project type will put down the rudiments of the web application structure.

Eclipse.org has "Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers"

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/

Karthik Krishnan commented Sep 20 '13, 10:09 a.m.

Thanks Kevin.
I already have configured eclipse & Tomcat. My main point is do you think adding the RTC plain java jars to the WebContent/WEB-INF/lib be sufficient?

Kevin Ramer commented Sep 20 '13, 10:39 a.m.

Karthik,

Most definitely !

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.