It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How movement of Changeset to another repositary workspace done ?

Rakesh A (33431) | asked Mar 20 '19, 7:12 a.m.
Hello,
    I have two repository workspace having same components. So in one of the repository workspace there is a change-set created and assigned to a work-item (for eg. task WI 123). If I want the change-set to be moved to another repository workspace, I can see the option in the work-item (task WI 123)--> links tab,  on the change-set I can see "Accept" option that will ask to which target I want to move my change-set. If I select second repository workspace as target, there will be a new notification in pending changes view called "Patch". Even after applying patch with options "Auto resolve / resolve as proposed", change-set is not moved to second repository workspace.
Let me know how can this usecase of change movement be solved ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Mar 21 '19, 12:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 21 '19, 12:09 a.m.
The change set you are accepting from the WI is an open change set and that is why a Patch is created. After you have resolved the patch to your workspace, the changes will show up as unresolved and you have to checkin these changes which will create a new change set. The original change set will not show up in your workspace.

If you want to accept the change set without creating a patch, complete the change set and then accept it. The accepted change set will now be in your other workspace. If there were any conflicts while accepting you have to resolve those changes and checkin the resolved changes to a new change set.

There is another way to accept the change set. Change your second workspace flow target to your first workspace. You should see the change set as incoming. Now you can accept the change set in to your workspace. Note: Here too the change set must be in the completed state.
Rakesh A selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rakesh A commented Mar 29 '19, 1:05 a.m.
Thank you.. Similarly, how can the change set be moved across Streams ?
For example : Two developers working on two streams but on same component. If the Developer 1 want to move the change set to Developer 2.. How this scenario can be achieved ?

Andrew Niefer commented Apr 12 '19, 10:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Once the change set has been closed, Developer 2 can also accept the change set from the work item into his workspace (and then he can deliver to his stream).

Another way would be to use Search > Jazz Source Control > Change Sets, and then accept it from the search results view.

There is a chance that there may be gaps and the change set can not be accepted directly, in which case Developer 2 should be prompted to merge the change set using the gap editor.

Here are a couple of articles that may be helpful:
https://jazz.net/library/article/40

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.