It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jenkins RTC integration: Couldn't execute "scm.exe version" command

Rashed Ferdous (112) | asked Jan 24 '19, 3:47 p.m.
edited Jan 24 '19, 3:50 p.m.

I am getting this error in Manage Jenkins > Configure Jenkins > Rational Team Concert > Jazz command line executable

I have added scm to the path on the host machine. When I run the command "scm version" in cmd on the host machine, it runs fine and returns the version number (v6.0.6). But for some reason I get an error in Jenkins, saying that this command cannot be run. I have installed JRE on the host machine as well (not sure if that's necessary, but saw another error that said that JRE must be available in order to run scm). 

I'm using:
  • Jenkins version 2.150.1
  • RTC v6.0.6
  • IBM Jenkins RTC SCM plugin v1
  • RTC Plugin v0.3
  • Team Concert Plugin v1.2.0.5

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 25 '19, 2:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I can tell, the only plugin you should have installed is the Team Concert Plugin:

For the Jenkins build to work with this plugin you only need to also provide
  • A current compatible Java on the master and all slaves
  • A current and compatible RTC Build system toolkit
Any additional RTC SCM plugin would only be needed if you want to run manual SCM commands and in that case you obviously also need  
  • A current compatible Java on the master and all slaves
  • A current and compatible RTC Build system toolkit
If you want to know anything about your error then have the courtesy to provide the error details.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 25 '19, 3:25 a.m. | edited Jan 25 '19, 3:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

PS: I seem to be unable to  find a 

• RTC Plugin v0.3
In Manage Jenkins>Plugins.I would assume this is not a supported Plugin.
There was an older version of Jenkins RTC integration that directly used the RTC SCM commandline which is deprecated as far as I know. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.