It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Conflict and Out of synch

Murat Isleyen (191620) | asked Jun 30 '14, 6:22 a.m.
In RTC 4.0.3, we created a file named XXX_XXX.jar and it is also used by another team. After they updated the file, the file name is changed to Xxx_Xxx.jar . Then we accepted the change set and merged by "resolved with proposed" to avoid conflict and then in my workspace there are two file XXX_XXX.jar and Xxx_Xxx.jar. However it is not possible to handle these files because I am working on Windows. So out of synch error is occured.

How to solve this issue? Or is it a defect?

Comments
Lily Wang commented Jun 30 '14, 7:55 a.m.

Could you open the history of XXX_XXX.jar and Xxx_Xxx.jar, then check if they have same history? If the change sets in the history are different, they are different files in Jazz source control.
RTC can handle case-sensitive file names, teams should avoid to use the same file name except the difference is the case of the file name.

Murat Isleyen commented Jul 01 '14, 2:40 a.m.

The actual problem is that RTC modifies the file name to Xxx_Xxx.jar automatically. Have you encountered such this problem?

Lily Wang commented Jul 01 '14, 9:10 a.m.

I don't see such problem before. As RTC supports case sensitive file names, so I don't think RTC will change the file name case. Is it possible that the other team changed file name case?

In addition, if in your workspace, both XXX_XXX.jar and Xxx_Xxx.jar exist and they have exact same history, which means they are same file in RTC, the problem maybe a defect. But if they have different history, again, as RTC support case sensitive files, users should avoid such situation.

Tim Mok commented Jul 08 '14, 1:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm not quite sure what the issue is here. You're on Windows, which does not care about case sensitivity and you have files with the same name except for case. If merging the change with proposed leaves you with the proposed file name, it sounds like that is correct. What do you mean that you're now out of sync?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.