It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to go about with best implementaion of Global Configuration Management.

Ankit Vashistha (125627) | asked Jan 17 '19, 1:42 a.m.
retagged Jan 25 '19, 10:34 a.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Hi,

Our organization has just started working on CLM 6 version. The major task is to setup global configuration for clm.
I have gone through many videos and tutorials available reach to some extent as well but clarity is not there in the implementation.

Kindly help me with the per-requisites for going ahead with GCM with respect to configuration management in RM & QM applications.

And the best practice for implementing it.

Thanks

3 answers

permanent link
Bharath Rao (900134) | answered Jan 17 '19, 3:03 a.m.
Hi Ankit,

If you haven't already reviewed, I suggest reading through the below FAQ article on Configuration Management for CLM to gain better understanding on the implementation aspects.

Feel free to post if you have any further questions.

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Jan 25 '19, 10:34 a.m.

Comments
Ankit Vashistha commented May 19 '20, 5:17 a.m.

Getting started guide i have already gone through, I am expecting to have any case study or any expert comments on this.

permanent link
Kathryn Fryer (503147) | answered May 19 '20, 10:19 a.m.
Here are a few resources:
  • "Plan your GCM journey" session in IBM Engineering Academy (sorry I couldn't get a direct link to the session... scroll to the Engineering section and select "Plan your journey" on the left)
  • GCM best practices - lists a number of articles in Jazz.net library. Suggest you start with "Adoption guidance and practices", then "Component strategy" and "Stream usage", and the rest as needed.
Your implementation will also depend on the particulars of your organization - your goals for adopting GCM, your processes. There's not really "one right way" to implement. You can also reach out to your IBM account rep for assistance.
Hope that helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.