It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ClearCase to Team Concert being blocked by rebase operation

Brian Erbe (113) | asked Dec 06 '18, 12:27 p.m.
We are trying to run a second synchronization on an existing ClearCase Synchronization stream.  We are going only from CC to RTC. The last successful syncronization was Sept 27th.  There have been several baselines on the components since then  The sync process appears to be trying to rebase the CC sync stream.

Problem running 'synchronizeStream':
Synchronization blocked by error:
javax.wvcm.WvcmException: CRRTC4061E: The synchronization process cannot be completed. The "cleartool" command completed with a non-zero status or error message:

cleartool rebase -view DO_NOT_USE_edsp_Delta_main_Int -stream oid:94075f44.23f94120.b735.4e:a0:75:1c:81:f7@vobuuid:5e88c7eb.3fc14616.ab18.d6:74:e0:83:b1:9a -baseline baseline:edsp_Delta_main_10_1_2018.7346@\edsp_em_pvob2,baseline:edsp_Delta_main_10_24_2018.6924@\edsp_em_pvob2,baseline:edsp_Delta_main_10_24_2018.6921@\edsp_em_pvob2,baseline:edsp_Delta_main_10_1_2018.582@\edsp_em_pvob2,baseline:edsp_Delta_main_10_24_2018.98@
\edsp_em_pvob2,baseline:edsp_Delta_main_10_24_2018.432@\edsp_em_pvob2 -complete

cleartool: Error: Can't rebase to baseline "edsp_Delta_main_10_24_2018.7022"
of component "CO" because it was created in this stream.
cleartool: Error: Can't rebase to baseline "edsp_Delta_main_10_24_2018.7025"
of component "CP" because it was created in this stream.
cleartool: Error: Can't rebase to baseline "edsp_Delta_main_10_24_2018.7028"

Why is it even trying to rebase the integration stream?  How do we get it to stop?

Using CC 8.0.1 and RTC 6.0.2.  Both on Windows.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Dec 06 '18, 1:06 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

To confirm, when you say "we are going only from ClearCase to RTC", that means that you are running in "import-only" mode, is that right?   If so, are you doing a "selective import" (where you specify which baselines you want to import), or all baselines?

Brian Erbe commented Dec 06 '18, 1:35 p.m. | edited Dec 06 '18, 2:17 p.m.
Correct, Import only.  All baselines.

So, looking at another stream that is working, and based on Defect 122268 I first created a child stream. That didn't seem to help.  I noticed that the working stream had a CC view with a #1 at the end of the name.  I opened ClearCase properties and created a new view.  Re-ran the sync, and voila!  Looks like that worked.

That of course creates new questions.  Why did it not create the child stream in the first place? And two, am I going to have to create new views for every time I synchronize it.  I do not believe I should have to.

Edit: Well it supposedly imported the baselines, but no files.  I re-selected the file folder and am running the sync again.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Dec 06 '18, 11:12 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Disclaimer: It's been a long time since I've done anything with CC synchronization, and I no longer have ClearCase on my machines, so cannot experiment ... so I'm just working from memory here.

The view with a #1 at the end does not indicate a problem ... that is just what the Synchronizer does when it is setting up a new sync stream and there already is a view with the default name.   As indicated in 122268, when you create an import-only sync stream, it should automatically create a child stream of the ClearCase stream, and the rebases from the sync should be performed against that child stream.   Something that might provide some useful information is to create a new synchronization stream (against the same integration stream), and look in ClearCase to verify that a child stream has been automatically created.   If it doesn't, look for some error message during the sync stream creation indicating some problem in successfully creating the sync stream.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.