It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why do reports fail to display in rtc 6.0.3 rich client in new repository

Bill Taylor (1441533) | asked Apr 27 '17, 1:51 p.m.

I have installed RTC 6.0.3 and created a new repository, but when I try to run a built-in report in the thick client, I get the message "This program cannot display the webpage". Can anyone help?

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered May 02 '17, 2:42 a.m.

It works for me.

When you use the thick client, you basically use the Eclipse internal web browser to render the report. To verify the browser, you can follow the steps below.
1. Go go Window > Show View.
2. Choose General > Internal Web Browser.
3. Access any web sites, in particular RTC, in the internal web browser and see if it works correctly.

Comments
Bill Taylor commented May 02 '17, 7:09 a.m.

Thanks for the response. I followed your suggestion but it gives the same result. It still works fine with Eclipse client 5.0.2 but not 6.0.3. It can display external sites (such as Google) but not RTC. When I first accessed the RTC in a browser (Firefox), it complained the web site had not been set up properly and I had to add an exception. Maybe, this is the problem here? Is there a workaround?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.