It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to "Use another repository" when creating a repository workspace.

Peter Turvey (99130) | asked Nov 16 '18, 5:47 a.m.

I am trying to copy components from one Jazz Team Server (“jts_old”) to another one (“jts_new”).

“jts_old” is a v6.0.2 jazz team server and “jts_new” is v6.0.6.

“jts_old” and “jts_new” are both on the same network and use the same Active Directory for user authentication.

“stream1_oldserver” has a few components.
“stream1_newserver” hasn’t got any components yet.

I also have a workstation on the network with an Eclipse client v602 with connections to both “jts_old” and “jts_new”.
‘myuser’ is a Jazz Admin (defined in Active Directory)
‘myuser’ is using RTC Developer Tokens (defined in both “jts_old” and “jts_new”).
‘myuser’ has a role that has the permissions for all of the Source Control settings including “Replicate change sets” and “Save Components”.

Following info from a link I was given in an earlier thread my plan is

• Use the Eclipse client with connections to both jazz team servers.

• Create a repository workspace of “stream1_oldserver” and during the creation pick the option to “Use another repository” = ‘myuser@jts_new’

But I get an error when I try to save this repository workspace
Problem occurred running creating ‘myuser duplicate of stream1_oldserver workspace’.
Error invoking remote service at https://old_server:9443/ccm/
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException : Received fatal alert: handshake failure

Any help will be gratefully received.
Is there a log file I  should be looking at ?

Thanks Peter

The article I read was this one

https://jazz.net/library-content/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/RTC_SCMDistributedShippingPoT.pdf

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 16 '18, 5:56 a.m. | edited Nov 16 '18, 5:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This seems to be related to SSL and not to the specific tools, I think. You might want to approach support.

Logs: 

• In Eclipse in the Eclipse workspace there is a folder .metadata and there is a log file.
  • Ask your administrator about the RTC logs they are in <serverInstallFolder>/server/logs which should be linked to the log folder.

2 answers

permanent link
Roberto Bañuelos Avila (11) | answered Nov 16 '18, 1:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Usually that type of error is thrown due to:
  • Incompatible cipher suites in use by the client and the server. This would require the client to use (or enable) a cipher suite that is supported by the server.
  • Incompatible versions of SSL in use (the server might accept only TLS v1, while the client is capable of only using SSL v3). Again, the client might have to ensure that it uses a compatible version of the SSL/TLS protocol.
  • Incomplete trust path for the server certificate; the server's certificate is probably not trusted by the client. This would usually result in a more verbose error, but it is quite possible. Usually the fix is to import the server's CA certificate into the client's trust store.
  • The cerificate is issued for a different domain. Again, this would have resulted in a more verbose message, but I'll state the fix here in case this is the cause. The resolution in this case would be get the server (it does not appear to be yours) to use the correct certificate.
Also, check your Java version, you might need to apply an specific patch if the problem is because the incompatible ciphers.

This reference seems really helpful for me:

I hope it helps, best regards!

Comments
Peter Turvey commented Nov 19 '18, 4:49 a.m.

Thanks Roberto, I will take a look at that link you've given.
Is what you say consistent with the fact that I have successfully connected my Eclipse v602 client to both "jts_old" and "jts_new" ?

I.e. in the "Team Artifacts" panel I can see "Project_A" which is on "jts_old" and "Project_B" which is on "jts_new".

The "Project_A" Source Control/streams have lots of components in them. At the moment my "Project_B" streams are empty and I want to populate them with copies of the files that are on the original server. 

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 20 '18, 8:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have heard one report that a user who have had trouble replicating a stream on one server to a stream on another server had better luck replicating a stream on one server to a workspace on another server.   That would be worth a try, because it might at least give you a different/better error message.

Comments
Peter Turvey commented Nov 23 '18, 4:45 a.m.

Thanks Geoffrey,
I've now realised that the site SSL certificate has expired which fits with the error message I was getting. So hopefully once that is sorted out I'll be able to carry on.
I'll keep you posted.

Peter Turvey commented Jan 07 '19, 12:12 p.m.

Sorry about the delay replying.
I had to go and do something else for a while.

Anyway, I've now got new SSL certificates that are valid for another year so at least that bit's better than it was.
But I am still getting SSL Handshake errors. Now that I know a little bit more I will get my thoughts straight and then post a new message.

Peter 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.