It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Imported Process description templates and Timelines/Iterations

Peter Turvey (99130) | asked Nov 07 '18, 6:40 a.m.
retagged Nov 27 '18, 9:08 a.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

I am setting up a new project on a new Jazz Team Server.

I have imported a Process template from an existing project because it had things I wanted to use such as user roles that differ from the defaults, workflows we use in our development etc.

Everything looks reasonably good but in my Project Area's "Timelines" I've got lots of iterations from the original project that I don't need.
I want to start with a fresh Timeline and create my own iterations but if I try and delete these iterations that I seem to have inherited from the imported Process description I get a message saying "The iteration exists in the repository and might be referenced by other items, so it will not be deleted".

Is there any way of getting rid of these old iterations ?
I want to be able to start clean and not have old iteration information from a different project confusing things.

Thanks  
           Peter

Comments
Peter Turvey commented Nov 07 '18, 7:15 a.m.

I have just discovered the "Process Templates" view.
I suspect that I should have done this:
1. Import process template from the existing project into my new Server
2. Edit the template and get rid of all the unwanted iterations
3. Create new project using the imported (and edited) process template.

Could somebody confirm that would be a sensible way to proceed or suggest something better.

Thanks
              Peter

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ken Tessier (84117) | answered Nov 27 '18, 9:07 a.m.

Hi Peter. Yes, you can extract the process from an existing project area and use it as the starting point for creating a new template. Edit the new template as desired, then create a project area based on the revised template. See Creating a process template for details.

Ken 

Peter Turvey selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Peter Turvey commented Nov 27 '18, 9:10 a.m.

Thanks Ken, that confirms what I was thinking.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.