RTC: Can you rename teams in Team Area Hierarchy (what are side effects)
I have an RTC project with a "Team Area Hierarchy" defined (10 teams in the hierarchy).
A few of our teams would like to change their team name. If I click on the team, It seems easy enough to change the name in the text box at the top. However, I'm wondering if there are any considerations/ramifications of doing this. We are using the data warehouse. Work items are filed against teams so wondering if I rename the team, will it break anything?
Hoping someone can advise if renaming the teams can easily be done or if there are things to consider regarding this.
Thank you.
One answer
Changing the team area name will not affect Data-ware House or Workitem's Filed against fields. However it can affect in below points.
- RTC Plugins written in Java are deployed with RTC Teams hard coded values.
-
Filed against values are taken from categories which are mapped with teams. If you have any doubt just double check categories mapping by going to manage this project area --> categories.
- Data-ware house will be synced as per team name changes.
Please let me know in case of any other query.
Comments
1 vote
showing 5 of 7
show 2 more comments