It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM Import Tool: Errors when Test Suite category "Test Phase" is set to a fixed cell in Excel?

Frank Hufnagel (113) | asked Oct 16 '18, 6:39 a.m.
edited Oct 16 '18, 6:48 a.m.
Hello,

i have for example two Test Suites and use "testsuite.category term="Test Phase".value=E" and everything works fine with sending two artifacts to RQM.

Now i try "testsuite.category term="Test Phase".value=B2" with the value in one cell instead of repeating the value in a column for every Test Suite.

Now the Importer tries to send nine artifacts to RQM and getting seven errors:

<ns2:statusCode>400</ns2:statusCode><ns2:message>Required property 'name' is missing.</ns2:message>

Why identifies the Import Tool seven additional (non existent) artifacts when setting the value to a fixed cell?

Version: RQM 6.0.5

Regards
Frank

2 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Oct 16 '18, 6:50 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Frank,

One (or more) of your test artifacts does not have a name property, which is required.

Comments
Frank Hufnagel commented Oct 16 '18, 6:54 a.m.
Hi Paul,

the two Test Suites are updated correctly, there are no more artifacts in my excel file.

permanent link
Frank Hufnagel (113) | answered Oct 16 '18, 7:04 a.m.
edited Oct 16 '18, 7:05 a.m.
I found it. The problem are empty rows between the two Test Case artifacts.

But why is there no problem with empty rows when setting the Test Phase value in a column for each Test Suite row?

How can i fix that behaviour when setting the value to a specific cell?

Comments
Paul Slauenwhite commented Oct 16 '18, 8:41 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Frank, this is a defect.  Please open a new RQM defect.  Unfortunately, you'll need to remove the empty rows as a work-around.

Frank Hufnagel commented Oct 16 '18, 9:00 a.m.

Defect 178658 created.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.