It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build report with JDBC data sources and import it to RDNG

Dmitry A. Lesin (24825896) | asked Jan 12 '20, 9:06 a.m.

Hi guys,

Is it possible to make a report with Rational Publishing Engine and work with tables in a custom external relational database used as data source connecting to them, for example, by JDBC or somehow else? Is it possible to import such a report into Rational DOORS Next Generation and run it there.
Thank you!

Comments
Fariz Saracevic commented Jan 13 '20, 2:30 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Is it possible to import such a report into Rational DOORS Next Generation and run it there.

No, this is not supported by importing RPE template into DOORS Next. 

Dmitry A. Lesin commented Jan 13 '20, 3:31 a.m.

Hi Fariz,

Thank you for the response. Sorry, I can not mark it as an answer because this is a comment only.
How do you think, can it be possible if install RPE Document Builder  as Web client separately, I mean to avoid import to RDNG. The main problem that we have currently is that customer wants to prepare big volumes of documentation for next printing each day. This is a large company with the need to generate the documents, and it's impossible to introduce quickly agile approaches there. But the problem is that generation of full set of reports takes about several days. So possible solution could be prepare all data at night doing all calculations during SQL replication, and display the prepared reports from database. Is it possible realize such way with RPE technologies, may be even with additional RPE Web tools?
Could you please make it as an answer to be able to accept it as answer for me?
Thank you very much!

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.