It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unlink Changeset(Not Complete) created by other user from Workitem

vinitha dsouza (14719114) | asked Sep 26 '18, 6:39 a.m.
retagged Oct 01 '18, 12:28 p.m. by Michael Afshar (7014)
Dear Team,

I have tried to unlink changeset (whcih is not complete) from the Workitem and got error saying that this is allowed only for JAZZADMINS. Why is this permission not available to configure in the Operation behaviour?

Thanks,

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Sep 27 '18, 4:17 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

That is working as designed (see https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSCP65_6.0.6/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/ccm_role_permissions.html ).

But I don't know why it is designed that way (i.e. why only the owner of a change set or admin are allowed to add/remove the link between an incomplete change set and a work item).   I'll ask the dev team to comment.

vinitha dsouza selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Oct 01 '18, 8:14 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There are some things in SCM that are considered owned by a user and, hence, are not governed by process. One example of this is a workspace. Another example is a link between a change set and a work item. For these types of things, the owner is the only contributor that can make changes but there is an admin override that allows JazzAdmins to do that as well.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 01 '18, 4:35 p.m.

With the appropriate permission, you can unlink a completed change set from a work item, but (with that permission) you are not allowed to unlink a non-completed change set.   So the strangeness here is why you can unlink a completed change set, but not a non-completed change set.

vinitha dsouza commented Oct 22 '18, 1:48 a.m.

any updates on this?

Geoffrey Clemm commented Oct 22 '18, 10:41 a.m.

This appears to be the defined behavior, so although it would be interesting to know why it is defined to act this way, it would require an enhancement request to get this behavior changed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.